Code Larks was created for a few core reasons.
- Having an accountability loop on your learning journey is a powerful way to stay on track.
- Waking up early to focus on things that matter to you can be extremely rewarding, but it is difficult to do alone.
- Many decide to start learning technical skills, such as how to code, without fully think through why, and this makes it so much harder to know if you are studying the right things at any given time.
- On the journey to learning technical skills, It’s easy to feel like an imposter, so we think there is room to build a community and resource to help self-taught learners overcome imposter syndrome, while building confidence in the process.
Code Larks Mission
We are on a mission to help our community members, who are serious about leveling up their technical skills, build the habit of waking up early to make greater, faster progress on their learning journey, so that they can start and/or grow the career in tech that they desire.
We do this by:
- Helping you build an early morning routine, where you block out time to learn and practice technical skillsets at the start of each day with the Code Larks community
- Providing a check-in system that holds you accountable in a fun, competitive way
- Introducing you to techniques and mental models that can increase your ability to focus on your goals
- Helping you define your technical skill growth goal(s)
- Creating and supporting a community for all Code Larks that is much more robust and useful than existing social media options or instant communication options, such as Facebook groups or Slack
The Code Larks Code
This is our code, our founding principles. As a company, and within the Code Larks community, we always strive to:
- Learn early. Learn often.
- Foster Lifelong Learning
- Provide Helpful Encouragement
- Recognize and Accommodate Different Learning Styles
- Hold Each Other Accountable
- Embrace an Ethos of Ownership in Our Responsibilities to Ourselves and Others
Ready to join one of the best learning communities for your career change into tech?
Is Code Larks for You?
…If you are tired of feeling like you are making a millimeter of progress in a million directions, when it comes to learning technical skills, then Code Larks may be a great fit for you.
We will help you get on track and start building the focus and mindset you need to start making serious progress on your technical skill building goals.
…if you are tired of feeling unfocused and not sure what to focus on next, but you know you would like to transition into a career in tech, then Code Larks may be a great fit for you.
We will help you define and get focused on your tech career and learning goals, helping you develop a laser-like intensity that is as motivating as it is powerful.
….if you would like to be part of an awesome community of like-minded students, who are all on a similar path, motivated to break through to that next level of your career goals by building technical skills that will get you there (whether that is transitioning to a career in software development, IT support, Cybersecurity, or simply focusing on the completion of a course you’ve been wanting to finish)…
…then Code Larks is for you!